In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the steps of a typical heat pump installation with Cotswold Energy, and show you why our customers are happy with their experience.
Meet our team
At Cotswold Energy, we have a team of experienced and qualified engineers who will install your heat pump with care and professionalism. Our team consists of a heating engineer, an electrician, an improver, and sometimes a trainee engineer. They will work together to ensure that your heat pump installation is done efficiently and safely.
Our team will communicate with you throughout the installation, and answer any questions you might have along the way. They will also respect your home and minimise any disruption or mess. They will use carpet protection, reusable shoe covers, and clean up after themselves.
Plan your installation
Before we start your installation, we will conduct a home survey to assess your current heating system and design the best solution for your home. We will take into account your home’s size, layout, insulation, and heating demand. We will also advise you on any upgrades or changes you might need, such as new radiators, pipework, or hot water cylinder.
Based on the home survey, we will give you a personalised quote and timeline for your installation. We will also agree on a start date that suits you. A typical heat pump installation takes around 5 days, but this can vary depending on your home’s needs.
Install your heat pump
On the first day of your installation, our team will arrive at your home by 9am and start working on your new heating system. They will work from Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm, until the installation is complete.
The installation process will involve the following steps:
- Installing new pipework, if needed, to connect your heat pump to your heating system.
- Removing your old hot water cylinder and replacing it with a new one that is compatible with your heat pump. We will try to do this within the first day or two, so that you won’t be without hot water for more than 24 hours.
- Installing your heat pump outside your home, in a suitable location that meets the manufacturer’s specifications and planning regulations. We will also install the necessary pumps and valves to connect it to your heating system.
- Installing new radiators, if needed, to ensure that your home is heated evenly and efficiently. On average, our customers need four new radiators, but this can vary depending on your home’s size and insulation.
- Insulating your pipework, to prevent heat loss and improve your system’s performance.
- Commissioning your system, to make sure that everything is working properly and safely. We will also test your system’s efficiency and performance, and provide you with the relevant certificates and documentation.
- Demonstrating your system, to show you how to use your new heating system and how to control your home’s temperature. We will also explain how to maintain your system and what to do in case of any issues.
Enjoy your low carbon home
Once your installation is done, you can start enjoying the benefits of your heat pump. You will have a warm and comfortable home that is powered by renewable energy, reducing your carbon footprint and your energy bills. You will also have access to lifetime remote monitoring of your system, which means that we can check how your system is performing, fix minor issues, and optimise your settings from afar. We will also be available by phone and email to answer your questions and provide support, if needed.