Due to growth within the commercial sector, we are looking for a principal designer to oversee the design of our commercial projects. You will have the day-to-day responsibility of the design team and will be a key part in the continued growth and development of the company. The role will be working on projects for their entire duration from the initial conceptual stage through to handover. In addition to the design element you will work with the Technical Manager on devising an effective Design Management Process.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Design/Principle Designer who is practiced in managing the design process from conceptual stage. You will be responsible for identifying and designing solutions based on the building and clients requirements. We are looking for someone who is passionate about design and reducing energy consumption. The ideal candidate will have experience with renewable technologies along with carrying out RIBA stages 4-6.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for the design and preparing information ready for construction.
- Technical Supplier liaison
- Production of feasibility and technical reports to justify selections.
- Co-ordination with CAD engineers to produce suitable drawings.
- Programming of Design works.
- Accurate and up to date document control
- Supporting procurement and producing technical submissions
- Supporting production of O&M manuals.
- Visiting site as necessary and carrying out site surveys as necessary to ascertain relevant information to ensure accuracy.
- Experience within the renewables or Building Services Sector.
- Proven track record in Design of commercial buildings.
- Excellent communication skills verbally and written
- Good IT skills – Experience in Autodesk suite and IES preferable.
- Understanding of the wider construction industry would be advantageous especially requirements under CDM2015.
- Experience within the delivery/Construction side of Design preferable
- Qualified Mechanical Engineer (Degree)
- Experience in fluid dynamics