Cotswold Energy group is an exciting, profitable company within a large growth sector supplying renewable solutions to both the Domestic and Commercial market.
The company was founded by 3 childhood friends with the ethos of wanting to provide straightforward, transparent solutions to help customers harness the benefits of renewable technologies. As we have grown this ethos has stayed at the heart of how we operate, and we promote a culture of support and togetherness whilst striving to be the best in category. More recently we have become part of the SCIS Group which has allowed for us to grow quicker whilst offering enhanced services whilst maintaining our reputation for Quality.
As part of our growth and our continual focus on improvement and safety we are looking to recruit the role of an Asbestos Surveyor.
You will be carrying out surveys on Domestic and Commercial properties these will include both Management and Refurbishment & Demolition surveys. The role will be based out of our Stonehouse office however travel across the country to the relevant sites will be required.
You will be provided with a suitable works vehicle for the activities.
What you’ll do:
- Management, Refurbishment & Demolition Surveys on various sites
- To provide asbestos analytical services, including air monitoring, fibre counting and bulk sample analysis. To provide advice to team member following the survey
- To be up to date with asbestos legislation, guidance and industry best practice including UKAS accreditation and quality management arrangements
- To be up to date with relevant legislation including especially CAR 2012
- To support the business by working flexibly and responsively from the company’s office or sites as required
- To take personal responsibility for maintaining technical expertise and an awareness of current issues in the sector – The company will support you and cover costs of ongoing training.
- To meet all legal obligations required to be met by the company as a provider of asbestos related services and an employer
- To proactively engage in the training and development provided by the company
Key Qualifications and experience:
- The ideal candidate with have at least 2 years experience within an Asbestos surveying role or similar.
- Hold their BOHS P402 Qualification in Surveying and Sampling strategies for Asbestos in buildings
- Hold their BOHS P403 Qualification in Asbestos Fibre counting
- UKATA Certification
- (Preferred) Hold their BOHS P404 Qualification in Clearance testing and the requirements of a certificate of reoccupation.
- (Preferred) Hold their BOHS P405 Qualification in management of asbestos in buildings (Including Asbestos Removal)
- CSCS Card or partner card scheme.